Al-Anon Group Representative
A Group Representative is an Al-Anon/Alateen member who represents the group at district and Area Assembly meetings where the groups share information of importance. The GR brings that information back to the group.
Definition & Duties:
- Elected for a three-year term
- Acts as liaison between the group and the district and between the group and the Assembly
- Attends District Meetings and Area Assemblies.
- Familiarizes themselves with the current copy of the Al-Anon/Alateen Service Manual (P-24/27) and encourages its use among group members
- Works through the district in helping to initiate Public Outreach (Cooperating with the Professional Community, Public Information, and Institutions) work
- Encourages Alateen sponsorship in accordance with Area Safety and Behavioral Requirements
- Cannot be a member of A.A.
Serves as local representative of the Al-Anon/Alateen magazine, The Forum, by:
- Acquainting members with its usefulness
- Suggesting personal subscriptions and submitting group subscriptions
- Encouraging members to write articles
- Encourages election of an alternate GR